What does luck have to do with anything? Some people say a lot, while others don’t believe in luck at all. If everything is going great is that good luck or is it something else? When nothing is going right is that bad luck or just failure? Are some people just luckier than others, or is everybody lucky at different times? Below are some thoughts and quotes about this little four letter word…
Luck in Thirteen Quotes
I actually believe that I am lucky. Luckier at some things more than others. Do You believe you have a little bit of luck goin’ your way? Even though I think I am lucky at times, I sure wouldn’t want to rely on luck as a foundation to accomplishing anything worthwhile.
- “Shallow men believe in luck or in circumstance. Strong men believe in cause and effect.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Diligence is the mother of good luck.” Benjamin Franklin
- “I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the luckier I get.” Thomas Jefferson
- “Those who have succeeded at anything and don’t mention luck are kidding themselves.” Larry King
- “Luck is when opportunity knocks and you answer.” Unknown
- “Luck is the by-product of busting your fanny.” Don Sutton
- “Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.” Dalai Lama XIV
- “Luck is tenacity of purpose.” Elbert Hubbard
- “Luck never made a man wise.” Seneca (Roman Philosopher)
- “I’ve found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often.” Brian Tracy
- “I believe life is a series of near misses. A lot of what we ascribe to luck is not luck at all. It’s seizing the day and accepting responsibility for your future. It’s seeing what other people don’t see and pursuing that vision,” Howard Schultz
- “People often remark that I’m pretty lucky. Luck is only important in so far as getting the chance to sell yourself at the right moment. After that, you’ve got to have talent and know how to use it.” Frank Sinatra
- “Luck is believing your lucky.” Tennessee Williams
Luck, Fortune or Fate
Call it what you want. Believe in what you want. Whether it is good fortune, fate, or just plain luck, there is probably a lot of hard work and self-belief right along with it. I can’t explain why bad things happen to some people and good things happen to others. It just does.
Two artists go into the same gallery on the same day, one gets accepted, and the other gets a no thank you. All things being equal, is that luck? You buy a stock on Tuesday, the stock market tanks on Thursday. Is it bad luck, bad research, or just the chance you take?
Moving forward it’s probably better to work towards making your own luck than to wait for your lucky ship to come in. Work hard and smart, try making your creative mind work for you and use the 80/20 Rule to your advantage, and believe in yourself.
One more quote about luck.You really didn’t want me to stop at 13 did you?
“When it comes to luck, you make your own.” Bruce Springsteen
Thanks for reading! For free, confidental email updates from CashArtBlog, simply type in your email address in the box at top right. It’s that easy. If you like using RSS feeds, you can do that too!